By Gary Levine
Read or Download The Merchant of Modernism: The Economic Jew in Anglo-American Literature, 1864-1939 (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory) PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
Not easy traditional buildings of the Harlem Renaissance and American modernism, Daylanne English hyperlinks writers from either routine to debates approximately eugenics within the revolutionary period. She argues that, within the Twenties, the shape and content material of writings by way of figures as disparate as W. E. B. Du Bois, T.
Reframing Yeats, the 1st severe learn of its type, lines the historic improvement of W. B. Yeats's writings around the genres, interpreting his poetry, autobiographical writings, feedback, and drama with a similar serious research. whereas latest reports of Yeats's paintings make a choice from a biographical orientation or a formalist process, Armstrong's research combines the speculation of recent Historicism and Hermeneutics: a theoretical technique that takes Yeatsian scholarship one step extra.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
How was once the modernist circulation understood via most of the people while it used to be first rising? this query may be addressed through taking a look at how modernist literature and artwork have been interpreted via newshounds in day-by-day newspapers, mainstream magazines like Punch and self-esteem reasonable, and literary magazines. within the earliest many years of the flow – ahead of modernist artists have been thought of very important, and earlier than modernism’s which means used to be sincerely understood – lots of those interpretations took the shape of parodies.
- T. E. Hulme and the Ideological Politics of Early Modernism (Historicizing Modernism)
- Modernism at the Microphone: Radio, Propaganda, and Literary Aesthetics During World War II (Historicizing Modernism)
- One Toss of the Dice: The Incredible Story of How a Poem Made Us Modern
- Utopian Spaces of Modernism: Literature and Culture, 1885-1945
- The Routledge Introduction to American Modernism (Routledge Introductions to American Literature)
- The Ethics of Modernism: Moral Ideas in Yeats, Eliot, Joyce, Woolf and Beckett
Extra info for The Merchant of Modernism: The Economic Jew in Anglo-American Literature, 1864-1939 (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)