By Michael H. Whitworth
Read or Download Einstein's Wake: Relativity, Metaphor, and Modernist Literature: Relativity, Metaphor and Modernist Literature PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
Tough traditional buildings of the Harlem Renaissance and American modernism, Daylanne English hyperlinks writers from either pursuits to debates approximately eugenics within the innovative period. She argues that, within the Twenties, the shape and content material of writings through figures as disparate as W. E. B. Du Bois, T.
Reframing Yeats, the 1st severe examine of its variety, lines the old improvement of W. B. Yeats's writings around the genres, analyzing his poetry, autobiographical writings, feedback, and drama with an identical serious research. whereas latest reports of Yeats's paintings make a choice from a biographical orientation or a formalist strategy, Armstrong's research combines the speculation of latest Historicism and Hermeneutics: a theoretical process that takes Yeatsian scholarship one step extra.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
How was once the modernist flow understood by way of most people while it was once first rising? this question might be addressed through how modernist literature and paintings have been interpreted through reporters in day-by-day newspapers, mainstream magazines like Punch and conceit reasonable, and literary magazines. within the earliest many years of the stream – ahead of modernist artists have been thought of very important, and ahead of modernism’s which means was once sincerely understood – lots of those interpretations took the shape of parodies.
- The Modernist Masquerade: Stylizing Life, Literature, and Costumes in Russia (Studies of the Harriman Institute)
- Baudelaire and Photography: Finding the Painter of Modern Life (Research Monographs in French Studies)
- Crowd Violence in American Modernist Fiction: Lynchings, Riots and the Individual Under Assault
- Modernism, Romance and the Fin de Siècle: Popular Fiction and British Culture
- Making Noise, Making News: Suffrage Print Culture and U.S. Modernism (Oxford Studies in American Literary History)
- Dostoevsky and English Modernism 1900–1930
Extra info for Einstein's Wake: Relativity, Metaphor, and Modernist Literature: Relativity, Metaphor and Modernist Literature