By Joshua L. Miller
Read or Download Accented America: The Cultural Politics of Multilingual Modernism (Modernist Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
Demanding traditional structures of the Harlem Renaissance and American modernism, Daylanne English hyperlinks writers from either routine to debates approximately eugenics within the revolutionary period. She argues that, within the Twenties, the shape and content material of writings via figures as disparate as W. E. B. Du Bois, T.
Reframing Yeats, the 1st severe examine of its style, strains the ancient improvement of W. B. Yeats's writings around the genres, reading his poetry, autobiographical writings, feedback, and drama with an identical serious research. whereas current reviews of Yeats's paintings make a choice from a biographical orientation or a formalist strategy, Armstrong's examine combines the idea of recent Historicism and Hermeneutics: a theoretical technique that takes Yeatsian scholarship one step additional.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
How used to be the modernist stream understood via most people whilst it used to be first rising? this query may be addressed through taking a look at how modernist literature and artwork have been interpreted through newshounds in day-by-day newspapers, mainstream magazines like Punch and self-esteem reasonable, and literary magazines. within the earliest many years of the move – earlier than modernist artists have been thought of vital, and earlier than modernism’s which means was once basically understood – lots of those interpretations took the shape of parodies.
- Media Laboratories: Late Modernist Authorship in South America (FlashPoints)
- Proust's Latin Americans (Hopkins Studies in Modernism)
- Ulysses Explained: How Homer, Dante, and Shakespeare Inform Joyce’s Modernist Vision
- Radical Poetry: Aesthetics, Politics, Technology, and the Ibero-American Avant-Gardes, 1900-2015 (SUNY series in Latin American and Iberian Thought and Culture)
- Staging Modernist Lives: H.D., Mina Loy, Nancy Cunard, Three Plays and Criticism
- Nabokov and his Books: Between Late Modernism and the Literary Marketplace (Oxford English Monographs)
Additional info for Accented America: The Cultural Politics of Multilingual Modernism (Modernist Literature and Culture)