If you have at all followed the technological advances in business (particularly the IT industry) over the last few years, chances are you’ve become familiar with cloud computing. Today, cloud computing has emerged as one of the top resources for companies of all types. But how and why did it become such a force in today’s technological world?
Here are some of the factors that have played the biggest role in the emergence of cloud computing:
- Cost. In the olden days of data storage and electronic communications, it cost quite a bit of cash to obtain the server hardware needed to run a company of any significant size. Cloud computing has made it easier to obtain more capacity for these issues than ever before at extremely low prices. Businesses have always been looking for ways to operate with a leaner budget, especially since the recession of several years ago. Cloud computing has been one of the easiest ways to make that possible.
- Scalability. Because you don’t have to worry about lugging around hardware whenever you’re looking to make an upgrade, it is far easier to scale up with cloud computing. All you need to do is contact your provider and change your service plan.
- Globalization. Businesses are becoming more globalized than ever before, which makes it extremely important for executives to be able to stay in constant communication. Cloud computing allows for instant communication and sharing of files from anywhere in the world, as well as on-the-go access to important files and documents from anywhere in the world that has an internet connection.
- Productivity. Cloud computing allows multiple users to work on the same file, document or project at once while being able to instantly see other changes made to the file. This has improved productivity in businesses of all types.
- Data protection. When used as a backup service, the cloud is an easy way to prevent catastrophic data loss in the event of a malicious network attack, a power outage or natural disaster.
Today, “the cloud” is used by a tremendous amount of people in a wide variety of ways, and it has completely changed the way that many industries operate. For more information about how cloud computing can transform your business, we encourage you to contact us today at Fidelity Capital.